This year’s prize was awarded to Elizabeth Price. The prize was presented by Jude Law at Tate Britain on 3 December 2012 in an evening ceremony broadcast live on Channel 4
- Spartacus Chetwynd – nominated
- Luke Fowler – nominated
- Paul Noble – nominated
- Elizabeth Price – winner
- Andrew Hunt, Director, Focal Point Gallery, Southend-on-Sea
- Heike Munder, Director, Migros Museum für Gegenwartskunst, Zurich
- Michael Stanley, Director, Modern Art Oxford, Oxford. Sadly Michael passed away on 21 September 2012. Our thoughts are with his family at this very sad time
- Mark Sladen, Director, Kunsthal Charlottenborg, Copenhagen
- Penelope Curtis, Director, Tate Britain and Chair of the Jury
Turner Prize 2012 in quotes
I work intentionally to try and make dense, complex things. We can move between genres and forms, from something that looks like a PowerPoint lecture to something that looks like an informercial to something that looks like a cinematic melodrama.
One of the most demanding and thoughtful [exhibitions] in the shows history.
Adrian Searle, Guardian
Impressive for all the right reasons… both appropriately mad and actually interesting.
Zoe Pilger, Independent