Hints and tips
- You don't need to plan your design. Just make it up as you go along.
- Make your pattern as wiggly as possible. The messier the better!
- Leave it in the fridge for at least an hour. It's worth the wait.
- Next time, why not try using milk chocolate for the background?
Who is Jackson Pollock?
- Jackson Pollock was an American artist. He was part of a group of artists called the abstract expressionists. They used their art to show their emotions, like happiness or anger. How do you think he was feeling when he painted these paintings?
- To make his paintings, Pollock dripped paint onto large canvases on the floor. This way of painting was called action painting. He would move very quickly across the painting, dribbling the paint in a long, wobbly line. Look at the mess he made!