Get inspiration from the Beatles song 'Fixing a hole' and think about where your mind wanders.
Look at the patterns in François Morellet's artwork below. It’s quite a calm painting. I wonder what he was thinking about when he made this artwork...
Artists and musicians often do meditative tasks that stop, or start, their minds from wandering. Where do you feel relaxed? When do you daydream?
What you need
- Garden mesh fencing
- Ribbons or other strips of colourful material
- Grid paper
- Colouring pencils
- Grab your materials and either cut your mesh into squares or roll it out to make a fence. You could use two chairs or two trees in your garden
- Cut you ribbon into strips
- Start weaving! You can weave in and out, up and down, however you want
- After you have made you pattern, take your grid paper and think about what helps you to relax. Is it running, playing your friends, looking at art? Choose one word and write it out using each square to make the work. Here is an example
- Hang your artworks next to each other. You’ve just made a great relaxing piece of artwork!