Sorry, no image is available of this object
In the Spring of 1914 Gaudier-Brzeska was commissioned to carve two stone vases, or garden ornaments, for the home of General Sir Ian and Lady Hamilton at 1 Hyde Park Gardens, London. However, by August 1914 he had left Britain to fight in the French army, so the stone vases were never carved. The two works on display are thought to relate to the commission. This sculpture is comprised of two kneeling human figures holding a large bowl with their upraised arms.