For the welfare of all our visitors and staff, Tate’s Trustees and Director Maria Balshaw have taken the decision to close Tate Modern, Tate Britain, Tate Liverpool and Tate St Ives from tonight until atleast 1 May.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and we look forward to welcoming visitors back to the galleries when we reopen.
During this time, the press office team will be working remotely. For all press enquiries relating to Tate, Tate Britain or Tate Modern please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For Tate Liverpool, please contact email@example.com and for Tate St Ives please email Lauren.Hogan@tate.org.uk. A member of staff will respond upon your request.
Visitors, members, students and academics can contact Tate via the Contact Us page
Contact Tate Images to license images of works in Tate’s collection
Press images can be downloaded via the link at the end of each press release. Please note these links expire when exhibitions close, and that all images can only be used under the following terms and conditions:
- That the reproductions are accompanied by the name of the artist, the title and date of work, the owner credit line, the copyright holder and photo credit
- That the reproductions are not cropped, overprinted, tinted or subject to any form of derogatory treatment without the prior approval of the copyright owner
- That the images are only reproduced to illustrate an article or feature reviewing or reporting on the exhibition stated (section 30(i) and (ii) of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988)
- That any reproductions that accompany an article are not used for marketing or advertising purposes
- The use of images for front covers may attract a fee and will require the prior authorisation of the owner and copyright holder of the work. Please contact Tate Press Office for such use
General entry to Tate Modern, Tate Britain and Tate Liverpool collection displays is free and does not require a press ticket.
Tate organises press view days for all ticketed exhibitions before they open to the public. Please contact the Press Office to find out more. If you are covering an exhibition but cannot attend the press view, you must request a ticket in advance from the Press Office. Please submit your request at least two working days before you intend to visit.
Tate’s Press Office is open every weekday from 9.00 to 17.30. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)20 7887 8730.
Book location filming and photography at Tate’s galleries
Please contact the press office for news filming enquiries