View this artwork by appointment, at Tate Britain's Prints and Drawings Rooms
- Graphite, watercolour and gouache on paper
- Support: 276 x 194 mm
- Purchased as part of the Oppé Collection with assistance from the National Lottery through the Heritage Lottery Fund 1996
Technique and condition
The image is painted in watercolour with detail in gouache applied over a pencil underdrawing on blue wove paper. It has been lined onto a one-ply board, which has been inscribed by the artist and so is considered an integral part of the work, it has therefore not been removed. The support has suffered some discolouration from its window mount and the secondary support has discoloured from being in proximity of other woodpulp mounts.
On acquisition the work was removed from its mount prior to being pressed, inlaid and mounted onto white museum board.
- seascapes and coasts(8,242)
- UK natural features(5,672)
- Tintagel Head(4)
- UK countries and regions(24,337)
- UK counties(19,986)