- Wood, Plexiglas, fluorescent lights, printed paper and photographs on transparent paper
- Unconfirmed: 2850 x 3460 x 2015 mm
- Purchased with assistance from Charles Asprey 2006
Pernice has a long-standing interest in containers, particularly those designed for storage and transportation. Block F consists of twelve chipboard boxes resembling miniature versions of the crates used on container ships, which have associations with world-wide mobility and the temporary stationing of people and goods. They have been stacked to form a large block, vaguely resembling the prefabricated units used to house workers on building sites in Berlin. On the front of the construction are a text by the Austrian novelist Ingeborg Bachmann and two photographs that suggest romantic escape and despair.
Gallery label, April 2008
- emotions, concepts and ideas(15,729)
- leisure and pastimes(6,755)
- literature and fiction(3,157)