Cecilia Powell has identified the main inverted sketch on this page as the fountain and the crossroads at Genzano.1 Now located in the present-day Plaza IV Novembre, the fountain of San Sebastiano was moved in 1836 from the crossroads between the roads to Rome and Naples. Designed by Virginio Bracci, the son of Pietro Bracci who designed the Trevi Fountain in Rome, the fountain has three gargoyle heads from where the water spouts and is surmounted by a column decorated with bunches of grapes. The original triangular base which Turner would have seen, however, is now hexagonal and decorated with heraldic papal shields.
In one corner of the page Turner has also drawn a separate sketch of the collegiate Church of Santissima Trinità. On the far right is a sketch of a man wearing a hat, which belongs to the scene on the opposite sheet, see folio 89 (D15465; Turner Bequest CLXXXII 88).
Powell 1984, p.423.