- Manfred Pernice born 1963
- Wood, Plexiglas, fluorescent lights, printed paper and photographs on transparent paper
- Unconfirmed: 2850 x 3460 x 2015 mm
- Purchased with assistance from Charles Asprey 2006
Pernice has a long-standing interest in containers, particularly those designed for storage and transportation. Block F consists of twelve chipboard boxes resembling miniature versions of the crates used on container ships, which have associations with world-wide mobility and the temporary stationing of people and goods. They have been stacked to form a large block, vaguely resembling the prefabricated units used to house workers on building sites in Berlin. On the front of the construction are a text by the Austrian novelist Ingeborg Bachmann and two photographs that suggest romantic escape and despair.
Gallery label, April 2008
Does this text contain inaccurate information or language that you feel we should improve or change? We would like to hear from you.
- emotions, concepts and ideas(15,767)
- leisure and pastimes(7,581)
- literature and fiction(3,169)