- Joseph Beuys 1921–1986
- Print on paper
- Image: 961 x 681 mm
- Tate / National Galleries of Scotland
- ARTIST ROOMS Acquired jointly with the National Galleries of Scotland through The d'Offay Donation with assistance from the National Heritage Memorial Fund and the Art Fund 2008
Beuys’s friendship with Edinburgh artist and gallerist Richard Demarco led to him visiting Scotland eight times. His 1980 exhibition at the Edinburgh Festival highlighted his alternative political thought, environmental concerns and the activities of the Free International University.
Gallery label, November 2015
Does this text contain inaccurate information or language that you feel we should improve or change? We would like to hear from you.
- emotions, concepts and ideas(15,767)
- leisure and pastimes(7,581)
- work and occupations(14,301)
- symbols & personifications(7,227)