Not on display
- Haris Epaminonda born 1980
- 9 framed works on paper, 7 wooden statues, 6 plinths, two metal scales, one wood and metal scale with metal weights, book, clay pot, raffia textile, wooden container, metal musical instrument
- Overall display dimensions variable
- Purchased with funds provided by John and Christina Chandris, Dimitris Daskalopoulos, Dakis and Lietta Joannou and Panos and Sandra Marinopoulos 2011, accessioned 2014
In this work, Epaminonda has carefully selected a number of found objects and images, and arranged them to resemble a museum or gallery display. It originally belonged to a larger installation, which formed part of the artist’s ongoing series of ‘Volumes’. The artist deliberately refrains from explaining the origins of the objects in each three-dimensional collage, leaving the viewer to imagine their significance.
Gallery label, July 2015
Does this text contain inaccurate information or language that you feel we should improve or change? We would like to hear from you.
- reading, writing, printed matter(5,156)
- book - non-specific(1,951)
- scientific and measuring(791)
- vessels and containers(2,153)