Not on display
- Henri Gaudier-Brzeska 1891–1915
- Object: 775 × 178 × 197 mm, 10.8 kg
- Presented by Sir Edward Beddington-Behrens 1965
Henri Gaudier-Brzeska 1891–1915
T00762 The Dancer 1913
Inscr. ‘H. Gaudier-Brzeska. 1913’ on left side of base.
Bronze, 30½ x 7 x 7¾ (77½ x 18 x 19½).
Presented by Sir Edward Beddington-Behrens 1965.
Lit: Mervyn Levy, Gaudier-Brzeska: Drawings and Sculpture, 1965, pp. 16–17, 29, repr. pl. 70.
One of three casts made from the plaster (Tate Gallery T03726) at the Fiorini Foundry in 1965 at the expense of Sir Edward Beddington Behrens. The other two casts belong to the Musée d’Art Moderne, Paris, and Christ Church, Oxford. Two earlier casts were made for Sydney Schiff, one of which was exhibited at the Leicester Galleries in 1918 (No. 11): these are now in the collections of Sir Edward Beddington-Behrens and Eardley Knollys.
Published in The Tate Gallery Report 1965–1966, London 1967.