- William Holman Hunt 1827–1910
- Etching on paper
- Image: 203 x 121 mm
- Bequeathed by H.F. Stephens 1932
Technique and condition
Fronticepiece for ‘The Germ’ which was published by the Pre-Raphaelite brotherhood with illustrations done by themselves.
Black and white India lay print. The fine lines and plate mark suggest that the print is an etching or engraving, however, with magnification it appears that this is possibly a planographic print, either a lithograph or line block. The support is an India lay print on wove, medium weight paper. In general the print is in moderate condition. There is yellow discolouration over the recto and verso, as well as some creasing and abrasion around the edges, but the central image area is in good condition.
- emotions, concepts and ideas(16,926)
- leisure and pastimes(7,743)
- literature and fiction(3,205)
- religion and belief(8,393)