Not on display
- Sir William Nicholson 1872–1949
- Oil paint on canvas
- Support: 1314 × 1626 mm
frame: 1545 × 1850 × 113 mm
- Bequeathed by Edward Knoblock 1945
N05642 STUDIO STILL LIFE 1914
Inscr. on letter, ‘30 Rue Montpensier Palais Royal Paris [as letter heading] Thursday [?] 1914 My dear Knoblock, Here you are! it's the best I can do. Yours affectionately, William Nicholson’.
Canvas, 51 3/4×64 (131·5×162).
Bequeathed by Edward Knoblock 1945.
Lit: Browse, 1956, p.57.
Painted in Paris at the same time as the decorative paintings on glass commissioned by Edward Knoblock for his flat in the Palais Royal (for these see Steen, 1943, p.116). The painting shown behind the other still-life objects depicts the Palais Royal.
Mary Chamot, Dennis Farr and Martin Butlin, The Modern British Paintings, Drawings and Sculpture, London 1964, II
- fine art and design, named works(6,109)
- fine arts and music(3,769)
- reading, writing, printed matter(5,175)
- book - non-specific(1,966)