- Ryukichi Shibuya 1904–1995
- Photograph, gelatin silver print on paper
- Image: 298 x 247
support: 298 x 250
- Presented by Jacqui Brantjes and Daniel Pittack 2010
Shibuya was a leading advertising photographer in Japan. In 1936 he won first prize in the Asahi Advertising Contest for his photographic storyboard for an advertisement for Crème de lait, a women’s hand cream. Shibuya exhibited widely throughout the 1930s and 1940s, and in 1952 formed the Japan Commercial Photographers Association. The photographs on this wall were part of a hand-printed studio portfolio, assembled and bound by Shibuya to showcase his work.
Gallery label, June 2011
Does this text contain inaccurate information or language that you feel we should improve or change? We would like to hear from you.
- leisure and pastimes(7,578)
- emotions, concepts and ideas(15,771)