Not on display
As Finberg noted,1 this address first appears in the Royal Academy catalogue as Turner’s sending-in address in 1800. The house in Harley Street belonged to the Rev. Mr Hardcastle, and John Thomas Serres (1759–1825), marine draughtsman to the Academy and marine painter to the King, used rooms there as a studio.2
The right-hand, outer third of the page has been torn out.
Blank; ink offset from folio 1 recto opposite (D02243).