From a viewpoint on a boat mid-river, this sketch shows the old and new buildings of Kew Palace; the Dutch House with its gables and chimneys and, behind it, the larger castellated palace designed by James Wyatt. Construction of the latter had commenced in 1801 and would be abandoned in 1811. For views of the new building from the opposite bank of the Thames see folio 11 of the sketchbook (D05505). Syon House is also seen, in the middle distance.
- River Thames(733)