This is the left half of a double-page spread, continued to the right on folio 20 (D10905), opposite, recording the view from the left bank of the River Ouse, just below its junction with the River Foss, looking north to the Ouse Bridge, with (from left to right, across the spread) the tower of St Martin-cum-Gregory, the spire of All Saints, North Street, Ouse Bridge, Clifford’s Tower with the spire of St Mary’s, Castlegate beyond and behind that the Minster, with the entrance to the Foss in the right foreground. The panorama is continued further to the right on a succeeding folio 21 (D10906) to include Castle Mills Bridge and the New Debtor’s Prison (1709) beyond.
- townscapes / man-made features(21,653)
- townscape, distant(8,117)
- River Ouse(21)