Not on display
This sketch is taken from near the bottom of the present Ramshill road, looking towards the site of the present Scarborough Rotunda museum (built 1829), and the Grand Hotel above (built 1863). There are some old buildings visible in the foreground, possibly connected with some early spa springs. The large hotel building above at the top left is still present, situated at the east end of Cliff Bridge Terrace. The chimneys of that building are continued on the opposite page (D11964; Turner Bequest CLI 11a) and the whole view is effectively extended to the right on the following page (D11966; Turner Bequest CLI 13).
Blank, except for an inscription in red ink bleeding through from recto, upper left