The subject is continued on folio 95 recto opposite (D03095; Turner Bequest LVI 93). Taymouth Castle, formerly Castle Balloch, is another seat of the Campbell family (see folios 42 verso–43 recto, 53 recto, 75 verso–76 recto; D02993–D02994, D03012, D03057–D03058; Turner Bequest LVI 40a–41, 51, 73a–74), having been built by Sir Colin Campbell in 1550. When Turner saw it in 1801 it was only four years from being demolished and completely rebuilt by the architects James and Archibald Elliot, who in 1806 began its transformation into one of the grandest of the nineteenth-century ‘Scottish Baronial’ piles.
- Taymouth Castle(18)
- River Tay(30)