The main view continues across folio 42 recto opposite (D14564; Turner Bequest CLXXVI 38). The Turner scholar C.F. Bell annotated Finberg’s 1909 Inventory entry (‘Madonna di San Luca’), noting that the church is ‘to right [on the other page, with] distant Bologna to l | from the height to the West of the Monte della Guardia’1 (the hill on which the church stands). The north-eastwards prospect is now obscured by trees along the Via di San Luca. There is a separate drawing framed by pencil lines at the top left, which is effectively a variation on the inner half of the main view, emphasising the gradient of the arcade receding rapidly towards the city.