This leaf must have formed a double-page spread with Tate D05927;Turner Bequest XCV 23, extending the view of Walton Bridges to the right to show St Mary’s church, Walton, among trees. Together these leaves set out the composition of the painting Walton Bridges possibly exhibited in Turner’s Gallery in 1806 (The Loyd Collection).1 Both are splashed with oil indicating their use for reference in the studio. See note to D05927 for further comment,
Butlin and Joll 1984, p.47–8 no.60 (pl.70).
- River Thames(733)