Tate Boat Service During Gallery Closure
The Tate to Tate service is not running during the closure of Tate Britain and Tate Modern. For further updates please see https://www.thamesclippers.com/route-time-table/servicechanges
The Tate to Tate boat is also called the RB2 service, and is in the Central zone for ticket prices. Other services including the RB1 do call at Bankside Pier for alternative journeys across the river, further information can be found at www.thamesclippers.com
Buy standard fare tickets from Tate by phone on +44 (0)20 7887 8888 between 09.45–18.00 (daily). Tickets bought from Tate can be used for travel at any time on the date booked. Standard fare tickets can also be bought before you board from a self-service ticket machine on the pier.
Thames Clippers offer a discount when you pay with the Thames Clippers Tickets app or book online in advance at booking.thamesclippers.com
Tate Members discount is only available when buying tickets from Tate, or at a self-service ticket machine on the Millbank or Bankside pier and is only applicable for journeys between these two piers. It is not available when using Oyster or a contactless card.
Standard Fare Prices from 2 January 2020
Prices apply to tickets purchased from Tate, at ticket offices and ticket machines.
- Adult – £9 single / £15.30 Tate to Tate return
- Adult TfL Travelcard holder – £6 single / £12 Tate to Tate return
- Tate Member – £6.75 single / £11.50 Tate to Tate return
- Child 5–15 – £4.50 single / £9 Tate to Tate return
- Child 5–15 with TfL Travelcard – £3 single / £6 Tate to Tate return
- Freedom Pass holder – £4.50 single / £9 Tate to Tate return
- Children under 5 – Free
- Family Roamer – £39.80 (River Roamer) (A family ticket is for two adults and up to three fare-paying children)
- Group rates for 10 or more people are available in advance - call + 44 (0)20 7887 8888 for details. Please note large groups cannot always be accomodated on the same boat, and the group may be asked to to split up and travel on different timed boats. Please also note that tidal restrictions mean that different size vessels have to be used for the service at times, and the boat capacity can change at short notice
Oyster or Contactless Fare
Touch in and out as you board and disembark
- Adult – £7.20 single
- Child 5–15 – £3.60
- Freedom Pass holder – £3.60
- Tate Member – Not applicable. Discount only available from Tate or a self-service ticket machine on a pier
The Tate boat can accommodate wheelchair users. It can also accommodate mobility scooter users but the mobility scooter must be approved by Thames Clippers prior to travel. More information can be found here.
Guide and hearing dogs are welcome.
Exceptionally high tides prevent the Tate Boat from navigating certain Thames bridges. A replacement vessel may be used at these times. Some replacement vessels are not able to accommodate wheelchair users, so we strongly recommend that customers call + 44 (0)20 7887 8888 on the day of travel for full details.
TATE TO TATE TOURS
Enjoy a tour of Tate Britain in the morning, a relaxing trip on the Tate Boat and a tour of Tate Modern in the afternoon. Find out more
About the Tate Boat
The Tate Boat is operated by Thames Clippers. A replacement vessel will be used if tidal restrictions apply.