- Please do not consume food or drink in the galleries
Bags larger than cabin bag size (55cm x 40cm x 20cm), sports or recreational equipment (musical instruments), large wheelie bags or boxes are not permitted into the gallery.
Foldable bicycles, large skate boards and child or adult scooters are permitted into the building, but must be deposited in the cloakroom.
Please note that bicycles are not allowed in the building
Smoking and Vaping is not permitted anywhere within the building
- Please respect the rights of other visitors to quiet contemplation and study
- Please do not touch the works of art on display. Even clean hands can damage surfaces
- Photography in the main galleries is allowed for personal, non-commercial purposes only. It is the visitor’s responsibility to ensure no copyright is infringed. The use of flash and tripods is prohibited
- Photography in the paying exhibitions is not permitted at any time, unless otherwise stated. If permitted it must be for personal, non-commercial use only. It is the visitor’s responsibility to ensure no copyright is infringed. The use of flash and tripods is prohibited
- The use of charcoal, pastels, permanent markers and watercolour or oil paint is not allowed in the galleries
We are committed to ensuring that Tate galleries are safe, inclusive and respectful places. We will take immediate action when this is not supported by those visiting our sites.
Tate is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all employees, contractors, volunteers and visitors are treated in a respectful manner.
We aim to provide a safe and non-threatening workplace free from abusive, threatening or violent behaviour.
We take instances of discrimination or harassment extremely seriously. We will not tolerate harassment or discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender identity or gender expression, ethnicity or race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Harassment is any behaviour that is unwelcome or offensive to the individual receiving it. It could include any of the following, which is provided as an indicative list:
• Threats or other aggressive behaviour, including swearing or verbal abuse, personal comments or insults, racist, homophobic, biphobic, transphobic, xenophobic or sexist remarks or behaviour and bullying or intimidation
• Unwanted touching/physical contact
• Abusive telephone calls, letters, notes, emails
• Persistent or vexatious enquiries or contacts via social media
Anyone exhibiting these behaviours will be asked to stop, or to leave, or if necessary we will call the Police.