This two-day conference seeks to generate new and thoughtful scholarship around Keith Haring’s work and his continued significance.
We welcome papers and artistic contributions addressing, but not limited to, the following themes:
• Art and Activism after Stonewall
• HIV/AIDS Activism and Advocacy
• Art and Environmentalism
• Visual Activism: Semiology and Post-Structuralism
• Performance/Painting and Post-Studio Art
• Art and Collectivism
• Between East and West: Post-Pop in the Cold War Era
• Alternative Art Histories: 1960–1990.
• Protest and Youth Culture
Full conference schedule will be available at the end of August.
Abstracts should include author’s institutional affiliation (if applicable), paper title, abstract (400 words maximum), 5–6 keywords, author’s biography (up to 150 words) and contact details.
Deadline for abstract submissions: Monday 5 August 2019