Young musicians, music technologists and dancers from Trinity Laban invite you to engage with and reflect on their collaborative journey in a series of performances, interactions and discussions.
Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance is the UK’s only educational institution dedicated solely to music and contemporary dance. It has a long history of creating innovative, collaborative projects and performances that explore the meeting point between the two art forms.
As it re-locates to Tate Exchange and re-imagines activity within the context of Tate Modern, it introduces a third art form – visual art. Creative Collision pushes the boundaries of all three art forms, and promotes the exchange of ideas and the development of new artistic work.
Live at Trinity Laban
Join the Live at Trinity Laban Performance Company as they shape and create a music and dance collaborative performance. Tate visitors are invited to observe, engage and reflect on this collaborative journey, guided by professional musician Sarah Freestone and choreographer Alesandra Seutin.
Drop in Monday 13 and Tuesday 14, 12.00-18.00. A sharing of work in progress will take place on Tuesday 14 February at 16.00.
Drop in to watch ten young choreographers and composers from Creative Collective as they rehearse in the Tate Exchange space.
Creative Collective will present works in progress on Friday 17 February. Give feedback on their work and ideas, and join a discussion around the following questions:
- How can the exchange between music, dance and the visual arts push the boundaries of the art forms and produce new artistic work?
- How can visitors and professionals benefit from taking part in a multi art form exchange?
- How can multi art form exchange provoke a shift more broadly in the arts sector and society?
Other programmed events:
- Blind Date: Discover what happens when artists of different ages and perspectives meet for the first time and work together
- What is the role of participatory artists today? Join in conversations on the value of the participatory arts in contemporary society
- Junior Trinity Composer's Ensemble: Join young composers as they share original music scores inspired by artworks in Tate’s collection displays
This event is programmed by Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, a Tate Exchange Associate.
About Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance is an international community of creative artists, advancing the art forms of music and dance through our innovative education, research, performance and participatory programmes.