The aim of the Plus Tate network is to support the development of the visual arts across the UK by fostering a climate where exchange and partnership can flourish.
By sharing practices, the Plus Tate members enable more audiences to participate and engage with modern and contemporary art.
Facilitated by Tate, this is supported with:
- Topical seminars hosted by different network members across the UK
- Action working groups
- Subject specialist sub-groups based on professional practice and skill sharing
- Annual Leadership Forum for directors
Plus Tate is now inviting public organisations and institutions, however large or small, wherever they are located in the UK, to submit an Expressions of Interest in joining the network.
Organisations that are committed to diversity and inclusion practices with expertise in widening access will be prioritised. The network is looking to introduce 5-10 new members.
Our shared values
- Evident commitment to embedding diversity and inclusion across all aspects of the organisation including staff, governance, programme and audience
- Commitment to providing a supportive environment for artists; sharing knowledge, skills, ideas and programmes; contributing actively to the network
- Strong artistic vision
- Excellent public programmes focussed on engaging broad audiences in contemporary and/or modern art
What role would you play?
Each organisation plays an active role in devising and hosting events and contributes to the annual cost of network events around the UK.
The tiered subscription levels (between £500 and £2k) are tied to the turnover of each organisation. Tate manages the network, contributes to the annual programme and can help attract additional funding for special projects.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: 9.00, 22 January 2020
Your expression of interest should include:
- why you would like to be part of the network
- how your organisation relates to Plus Tate's values
- be no more than one side of A4
Please send your expression of interest to Plustate@tate.org.uk.
Representatives from the existing network will make decisions based on how the organisations relate to the shared values, geographical spread and the contribution new partners will bring to the network.
Tate will liaise with peers, including colleagues in national galleries and museums, as part of this process. We hope that the network will become more representative of communities across the UK.
The members share a common ambition: to inspire people about art. This is coupled with a commitment to expanding public participation by truly representing the communities we operate in from our staff and boards to our public programmes.
The network currently comprises 35 member organisations, including Tate, and all share a commitment to working with contemporary art, artists and audiences from major cities to rural locations in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Members range in size and include collection-based galleries and biennials, and organisations focussed on developing opportunities for artists. It includes galleries governed by local authorities, independent trusts and universities.
Find out more about how Plus Tate makes a huge regenerative and economic impact across the UK in this report published in 2015.
Plus Tate: Connecting art to people and places [PDF, 6 MB]
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org