- Joseph Beuys 1921–1986
- Print on paper
- Image: 1417 x 961 mm
frame: 1620 x 1110 x 25 mm
- ARTIST ROOMS Tate and National Galleries of Scotland
- ARTIST ROOMS Acquired jointly with the National Galleries of Scotland through The d'Offay Donation with assistance from the National Heritage Memorial Fund and the Art Fund 2008
Beuys refused to travel to the USA during the Vietnam War, until he finally accepted the invitation of New York gallerist Ronald Feldman. For his first trip he chose not to do an exhibition but to engage in public dialogues with students and women’s groups with Actions in New York, Minneapolis and Chicago. The tour started at the New School for Social Research in New York on 11 January, with a three-hour conference entitled The Energy Plan for the Western Man.
Gallery label, November 2015
Does this text contain inaccurate information or language that you feel we should improve or change? We would like to hear from you.
- leisure and pastimes(7,743)
- work and occupations(14,388)
- symbols and personifications(7,285)
- emotions, concepts and ideas(16,926)