- Marcel Duchamp 1887–1968
- Original title
- La Mariée mise à nu par ses célibataires même (Boîte verte)
- Cardboard box, colour plate and 94 lithographs, collotypes and ink on paper
- Object: 333 × 279 × 25 mm
- Purchased 2001
Duchamp published this collection of 94 documents to explain some of his thinking and to show some of the preliminary works relating to The Large Glass. The notes were left loose so that their relationships for the reader would be determined by chance.
Gallery label, June 2010
Does this text contain inaccurate information or language that you feel we should improve or change? We would like to hear from you.
- fine arts and music(3,760)
- reading, writing, printed matter(5,161)
- vessels and containers(2,153)