Not on display
- Tim Rollins and K.O.S. (Tim Rollins 1955–2017) 1955–2017
- Acrylic paint on paper on canvas
- Unconfirmed: 1219 × 1828 mm
- Lent from a private collection 2000
On long term loan
Rollins worked in collaboration with teenagers from the Bronx, who he taught in after-school workshops, under the name ‘Kids of Survival’. Many of their works engaged directly with classic works of literature. Here the pages of George Orwell’s Animal Farm provide a painting surface, upon which Orwell’s political allegory has been updated with animals representing the world leaders of the time.
Gallery label, September 2004
Does this text contain inaccurate information or language that you feel we should improve or change? We would like to hear from you.
- townscapes / man-made features(21,710)
- animal / human(308)
- head / face(2,550)
- individuals: male(1,965)