Not on display
The lighthouse and fortified structure on this page are the Black Rock or Perch Rock Lighthouse and Fort which stand at the mouth of the Mersey just off New Brighton at the north-east corner on the Wirral peninsular. The fort and lighthouse were completed in 1829 and 1830 respectively as defence for the Port of Liverpool (folios 1 verso–3, 6 verso–7 verso; D25763–D25766, D25773–D25775). The present sketch is from New Brighton to the south, with the following sketches from the west (folios 4–6; D25768–D25772).
- public and municipal(2,396)