Not on display
This is one of four drawings made at Ripon in the two large sketchbooks used on this tour; see also folio 9 recto (D01009; Turner Bequest XXXV 6) and, in the North of England book, Tate D00925 and D00926 (Turner Bequest XXXIV 19, 20). Two slighter sketches are among the loose drawings associated with the journey (Tate D01098, D01099; Turner Bequest XXXVI D, E). The Minster became the Cathedral Church of the Diocese of Ripon in 1836. This and the following leaf, another view in the interior, are among the most impressive technical achievements of the tour.
Blank; stamped in brown ink with Turner Bequest monogram; inscribed by A.J. Finberg in pencil ‘141.5’.