This is a sketch of Rotterdam’s old Town Hall or Stadhuis, taken from the Kaasmarkt (Cheese Market). The baroque frontage, which features a pediment supported by columns and a cupola, was installed in the early seventeenth century. The entrance was rebuilt in 1830 to face the Kaasmarkt. At the turn of the century the old Town Hall was moved and replaced with a new purpose-built construction on the Coolsingel. See also Tate D32462, D32464, D32466, D32468; Turner Bequest CCCXXI 10, 11, 12, 13.