The drawing continues across folio 9 recto opposite (D14504). Finberg subsequently annotated his 1909 Inventory entry (‘Looking along the Schiavoni, with bridge on right, near “Parochia de S. Giovanni in Bragora,” – “Ponte della Ca’ di Dio.”’): ‘from nr Garibaldi’s statue’.1 The Turner scholar C.F. Bell wrote in another copy: ‘Redentore l. Ponte della Cà di Dio r.’2
On the present page, beyond the forest of masts of boats moored off the Riva di Ca’ di Dio, the dome and campanile of the church of San Giorgio Maggiore is very lightly indicated to the south-west across the Bacino at the outer edge, with the dome of the church of the Redentore on the Isola della Giudecca a little to the right beyond. At the centre to the west are the porch of the Dogana and domes of the church of Santa Maria della Salute.
For other drawings made in the vicinity, see the sketchbook’s Introduction.
There is conspicuous creasing across the lower half of the leaf. The small hole below left of the centre is presumably a manufacturing fault.