Not on display
The Turner scholar C.F. Bell annotated Finberg’s 1909 Inventory entry (‘Part of the Cathedral, Milan’): ‘East end from rear of the episcopal Palace’.1 However, as Ian Warrell tentatively suggested, the view is of the south side of the cathedral,2 looking east to the elaborate south transept with its projecting apse rising to about two-thirds of the overall height. The pinnacles seen today are not in evidence here.
The surroundings are much altered, but the building in the right foreground is the Palazzo Reale (the Palazzo Arcivescovie being a little way beyond on that side). See under folio 2 recto (D14328) for other Milan views.