This is the right half of a double-page spread, continued to the right from folio 8 verso (D10883), opposite. The view is taken from a viewpoint on the left bank of the River Wharfe, looking upstream to Wetherby Bridge, with the old St James’s Church1 at the extreme right. The viewpoint is closer to the bridge than in the preceding sketch, folio 8 recto (D10882).
The present church was built 1839–41.
- townscapes / man-made features(22,284)
- townscape, distant(8,380)