- Created by
- Vanessa Bell 1879–1961
- Duncan Grant 1885–1978
- Letters from Vanessa Bell and Claude Rogers to Duncan Grant
- [24 November 1949]
- Document - correspondence
- Tate Archive
- Presented to Tate Archive by Henrietta Garnett, May 2007.
- TGA 20078/1/44/221
Two items : Letter from Vanessa Bell, Charleston, Firle, East Sussex, to Duncan Grant. Discusses Angelica Bell, Bunny Garnett, their daughters Henrietta, Nel and Fanny, and an upcoming production of Ivan Turgenev's play 'A month in the country' at New Theatre London, directed by Michel Saint-Denis; and Caroline Byng Lucas ('Bay') and a Grant lithograph. Also mentions Edward (?le Bas), and (possibly) Charles and Marie Mauron.
Letter from Claude Rogers, West London, to Grant, discussing the latter's suggestion that he become a member of the Society of Mural Painters. Refers disparagingly to two unidentified artists as 'Flybush' and 'Tan Harrington', and mentions Victor Pasmore's recent decorative work and Redfern Gallery exhibition.
- Personal papers of Duncan Grant TGA 20078 (234)
- Correspondence TGA 20078/1 (234)
- Letters from Vanessa Bell to Duncan Grant TGA 20078/1/44 (234)
- Letters from Vanessa Bell and Claude Rogers to Duncan Grant TGA 20078/1/44/221
You might like
- literature (not Shakespeare)(2,297)