Two letters from Vanessa Bell, La Souco, Roquebrune-Cap-Martin, France, to Duncan Grant, Lismore Castle, Lismore, Co. Waterford, Ireland. Bell is staying with Dorothy Bussy and her daughter Janie.
In the first letter, Bell discusses her difficulties painting and her arrangements for returning to the flat she and Grant share in Canonbury, Islington, London. Also mentions Dorothy's recently deceased husband Simon, whose pastels Janie is selling.
The second letter is missing the first and last pages. Bell repaints the tiles of the drawing room fireplace, having postponed her portrait of Dorothy.
You might like
- cities, towns, villages (non-UK)(13,490)
- countries and continents(17,848)
- natural features (non-UK)(4,903)
- UK countries and regions(25,024)
- man-made landmarks (non-UK)(975)
- UK London(5,208)
- work and occupations(14,380)