- Created by
- Graham Sutherland OM 1903–1980
- Sketchbook 33
- Bound volume - sketchbook
- Tate Archive
- Presented by Mrs Kathleen Sutherland, the artist's widow, in 1981.
- TGA 812/33
Graphite, crayon, chalk, watercolour, and oil on paper, 13 pages, 2 pages and front cover are missing, 292 × 240 mm
Almost all of the drawings in this sketchbook are studies for the cover of Douglas Cooper's monograph on his work, published by Lund Humphries in November 1961. Cooper's letters to him show that he began work on the cover design in or by December 1960; however, most of the work was done the following Spring. These drawings represent a fairly advanced stage an include some in green and red very similar to the final design.
- Collection of forty sketchbooks and fragments of sketchbooks TGA 812 (40)
- Sketchbook 33 TGA 812/33
You might like
- book - non-specific(1,966)
- named groups(2,826)