- Created by
- David Jones 1895–1974
- Study of rigging of a ship
- Graphite on paper
- 412 × 326 mm (drawing), 594 × 420 mm (mount)
- This is probably a study for 'Trystan Ac Essyllt' or 'Tristan and Iseult.' This was a pencil and watercolour painting Jones did in 1962 and was based on the Celtic legend of Tristan and Iseult.
- Artwork - on paper, unique
- Tate Archive
- Purchased by the Archive from the Anthony d'Offay Gallery, 1982.
- TGA 8222/1/103
You might like
- literature and fiction(3,165)
- literature (not Shakespeare)(2,296)
- tales, legends and traditional(242)
- Celtic mythology(21)