- Created by
- David Jones 1895–1974
- Study of rigging of a ship
- Graphite on paper
- 329 × 214 mm (drawing), 420 × 297 mm (mount)
- This is probably a study for 'Trystan Ac Essyllt' or 'Tristan and Iseult.' This was a pencil and watercolour painting Jones did in 1962 and was based on the Celtic legend of Tristan and Iseult.
- Artwork - on paper, unique
- Tate Archive
- Purchased by the Archive from the Anthony d'Offay Gallery, 1982.
- TGA 8222/1/104
You might like
- literature and fiction(3,157)
- literature (not Shakespeare)(2,297)
- tales, legends and traditional(243)
- Celtic mythology(21)