- Created by
- David Jones 1895–1974
- Sketchbook Jones used while at the Westminster School of Art
- Bound volume - sketchbook
- Tate Archive
- Purchased by the Archive from the Anthony d'Offay Gallery, 1982.
- TGA 8222/1/33
Sketchbook, graphite, ink and crayon on paper, contains 12 pages plus covers, 255 × 202 mm
Inscribed inside front cover '[D]avid Jones, Westminster Art Sch'.
Page 1: Cart outside farm buildings
Page 2: Cart and sheep outside farm buildings
Page 3: Telegraph pole in a field
Page 5: Cows
Page 6: Cows
Page 7: Cows
Page 8: Duck
Page 9: Group of figures, possible study for 'The Arrest of Christ'
Page 10: Farm buildings in a valley
Page 11: Tall building on a hillside
Page 12: Building with tall chimney (kiln?) in an enclosure.
- Drawings and watercolours by David Jones, photographs of his work and source material TGA 8222 (112)
You might like
- emotions, concepts and ideas(16,402)
- universal concepts(6,391)