- Created by
- Robert Adams 1917–1984
- Sketchbook [Cathcart Road studies]
- Bound volume - sketchbook
- Tate Archive
- Presented by Mrs Pat Adams, widow of the artist, and her daughter Mrs Mary Adams Weatherhead, in 1984 and 1990.
- TGA 8421/1/40
Graphite and ink on paper, 254 × 405 mm
Grey/blue cover printed 'Winsor & Newton Swift lay-out pad, Series 47'. The majority of studies in this sketchbook are for an architectural commission of 1963, to provide a sculpture for a house designed by Timothy Rendle, at Cathcart Road, London, S.W.10. There are also studies for another architectural commission, a screen and door handles for Sekers Textiles Showrooms in Sloane Street, Knightsbridge, which were made in 1964; studies for sculptures exhibited in 1966; studies for reliefs - four of which were shown at Gimpel Fils in October 1966; and studies for screens - one of which was shown at Battersea Park in the summer of 1966. Some of the themes and sketches resemble those of TGA 8421/1/44.
- Personal papers and artworks of Robert Adams TGA 8421 (44)
- Sketchbooks, drawings and records of work by Robert Adams TGA 8421/1 (25)
- Sketchbook [Cathcart Road studies] TGA 8421/1/40