- Created by
- Robert Adams 1917–1984
- Pages from ‘Paris’ sketchbook
- Bound volume - sketchbook
- Tate Archive
- Presented by Mrs Pat Adams, widow of the artist, and her daughter Mrs Mary Adams Weatherhead, in 1984 and 1990.
- TGA 8421/1/7
Graphite, ink, wash and crayon on paper, 303 × 444 mm, 74 pages, no covers
This group of studies was probably drawn at the same time as the last section of TGA 8421/1/6. It contains studies for sculptures shown at Gimpel Fils in April 1949. Almost all are of abstracted figures drawn rapidly in outline in ink and graphite, with two or three to each page. The group also contains studies for carved wood figures similar to those in TGA 8421/1/6. One of these sheets of studies is inscribed 'Paris' by Adams.
- Personal papers and artworks of Robert Adams TGA 8421 (44)
- Sketchbooks, drawings and records of work by Robert Adams TGA 8421/1 (25)
- Pages from 'Paris' sketchbook TGA 8421/1/7