- Created by
- Eileen Agar 1899–1991
- Photograph of Joseph Bard with a statue of St Joseph
- 65 × 61 mm
- Photograph - negative
- Tate Archive
- Presented to Tate Archive by Eileen Agar in 1989 and transferred from the photograph collection in 2012.
- TGA 8927/12/67
Taken in Menton, France. Notes with the photograph (in the ring binders with the modern copy prints) give an account of this statue, relayed from Eileen Agar. Eileen bought this unpainted statue with a candle in its head from Menton while on a trip with her husband, Joseph Bard. She then painted it blue, collaged it and removed the candle. The shop where it was purchased supplied a little sculpted wooden cap for it. Its headpiece is a half crystal showing the image of a fish on its base. Eileen kept this statue in her hall at home.
- Photograph collection belonging to Eileen Agar TGA 8927 (953)
- Portrait photographs TGA 8927/12 (271)
- Photograph of Joseph Bard with a statue of St Joseph TGA 8927/12/67
You might like
- book - non-specific(1,962)
- individuals: male(1,847)
- St Joseph(28)