This series of eight small and carefully executed views show Pfalzel (‘Phaltz’) and Ruwer (‘Rower’) which lie opposite one another on the Moselle. Pfalzel’s Church of Saint Martin can be seen at centre, overlooking the waterfront. Both villages are recorded on Tate D19744; Turner Bequest CCXVI 98. These sketches were taken as Turner made his way from Trier towards Neumagen on 29 August 1824.
- River Mosel(336)