Moving forward from where he stood to make the drawing on folio 27 (D13629; CLXVII 26), here are more of the ruins of Dunbar Castle. At the left is part of the castle gate (shown also at the left folio 25 verso; D13627; CLXVII 24a), and in the centre are the ruins of what was presumably the keep (destroyed in 1844 to make way for a new entrance to Dunbar’s Victoria Harbour), perched at the edge of a promontory into the sea. There is another sketch of the keep on folio 28 (D13630; CLXVII 27).
- periods and styles(5,202)
- Lothian, East(213)