Available online are a large quantity of photographs taken by Nigel Henderson since the 1940s. Subjects include family members, jazz musicians, other artists and artwork, architecture and various geographical locations. Photographs of the exhibition and photographich boards for, 'Parallel of Life and Art' at the Institue of Contemporary Arts which he co-curated, images of Eduardo Paolozzi as well as photographs of the construction of Hunstanton Secondary Modern School, designed by Alison and Peter Smithson, are also online.
Also included are portraits of Nigel Henderson as a young boy with his brother and portraits of his mother as a young woman.
Details of the remainder of the collection can be found on the Archive catalogue.
- Collection Owner
- Nigel Henderson 1917–1985
- Tate Archive
- The papers were acquired by the Tate Archive from Janet Henderson and the Henderson family in 1992.
- TGA 9211
1,124 objects in this collection
The personal papers of Nigel Graeme Henderson (1917-1985)
- POLAA [Parallel of Life and Art] Exhibition Photographs
- September 1953–October 1953
- Photographs and photographic negatives of images used for photographic panels hung at the exhibition, installation photographs and layouts for exhibition text.
- TGA 9211/5/2
Showing 1–20 of 99 objects